Sunday, February 16, 2014

So this is the second post.. and really I haven't gotten too serious about this blog. I just have been toying with the idea mostly.

I saw this as a great way to share what I have been doing with friends and fellow gamers that I have known over the years but no longer get a chance to game with in person due to distance, or people I have been talking with online. I also am kinda putting my neck out to see if there are some people in my area with similar interests in gaming that might want to join a few of the groups I play with here and there. Needless to say I have kinda received second wind regarding doing a little blog so I hope to post regularly. Now time to catch up. :)

Soooo what have I been up to...



Last month I ran a One-Shot test run at my home using the West End Games D6 Space system with my son and a few friends. It was wild because it was the first time I ran a game in like (holy crap..) 22 years, I think. It was a good challenge as WEG D6 is pretty "loose" in the rules department. All in all - its something that I may go back to and try out a full blown campaign with - but the system didn't quite hit the sweet spot for me so I am still on the hunt for the right Space Opera rpg system. I am beginning to think that what I really crave is something more crunchy and more of the hard-scifi vein but not all 2300AD and shit.

Last week I finally received my printed copy of the fantasy tabletop rpg game, Dungeonslayers. I so love this game and I am thrilled to finally have this little book. I promise to revisit this game properly and hopefully give a report back about my first game in the near furture.



Yesterday I had the chance to play a SciFi Horror game powered by the Fate Core rules system at my friend Matt's house.  I was worried that I wouldn't be able to because of my kids and wife getting hit with the cold/24 hr bug that has been going around. At any rate we pulled it off and it was pretty cool. Though character creation was different and honestly it took me a bit of time to wrap my head around how to deal with 'Aspects' and stuff - but it was fun putting my character together and creating his "story". I am looking forward to returning to the adventure next weekend.

Mini Wargaming took a backseat a bit other than getting my hands on a sweet deal at my local games store that was practically giving away Mantic's Warpath starter set, "Fate of the Forgestar" for just over 15 bucks! So friggin crazy of a deal, I had to. It turns out Mantic just might be, no it IS, the game company that I think I really can get behind. They are the anti-GamesWorkshop in a way. They really seem to want to create a great community and also not rip the player off. I highly suggest that you check out their stuff. Ironically I recently found a Mantic fan in my area. He has been a big help in educating me about their rather new game releases. It looks like we are going to be playing Deadzone soon and I am starting to put together my Enforcers faction now. Look for pictures of my progress soon as well as a battle report. Thanks Michael!

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/warpath.html


No comments:

Post a Comment